Popular Tours Around Prices quoted are taken from survey of average tour company. Some companies may quote higher price offering better meal service and amenities such as cold towels, or free beverages. All rates estimated per person at 2 persons minimum.
- City & Temple, 4 hrs, Bt. 550. See 5 most venerated temples within city. Driving tour of city viewing interesting spots.
- River cruise on Mae Ping River in long tail boat leaves Wat Chaimongkol, Charoenprathet Rd every 20 mins.
- Wat Prathart Doi Suthep, Puping Palace Gardens, Meo Tribal Village, 4 hrs, Bt. 650. This temple located on Suthep mountain. Winter Palace at 4,300 feet above sea level, optional tour to Meo village.
- Home Industries, 4 hrs, Bt. 350. Traditional handicraft center, see parasol makers of Borsarng, Thai silk & cotton weaving, lacquerware, teak woodcarving, silver artisans and celadon kilns.
- Elephants at Work, 4 hrs, Bt. 650. Early morning, see elephants training camp. Take an elephant ride, stops made at waterfall, orchid farm. Lunch optional.
- Elephant Safari, Rafting & Hilltribes, 1 days, Bt. 900. Tour includes 2 hrs elephant ride, remote tribal villages, bamboo rafting down river.
- Lumpoon & Pazang, 4 hrs, Bt. 600. Wat Prathart Haripoonchai and Wat Jamathevi both over 1,000 years old. Pazang once famous for Thai cotton weaving.
- Obluang Grand Canyon, Tribal Village, Mae Glang Waterfall, 1 day Bt.1,500. Know as Grand Canyon (smaller scale than U.S.). Perfect spot for picnic lunch. Off to waterfall and village.
- White Water Rafting at Mae Jaem, 1 day B 1,900 each (min 4 pax). Stop at Obluang gorge (the "Grand Canyon" of Thailand) & Doi Inthanon National Park. At 8,514 ft. above sea level, highest peak in Thailand. Covering 3 provinces. Lunch and inflatable rafting.
- Chiang Dao Shrine-Cave, Elephant Training Camp, 1 day Bt. 1,700. Trek through 1 km cave with strange formations. Extensive elephant camp. Other stops may be included.
- Chiangrai, 2 days Bt. 4,000 (Min 2 pax). Along route to Chiang Rai, see hot springs, "long neck" tribe, overnight in Chiang Rai first class hotel. Next day explore ancient cities, Golden Triangle.
- Mae Kok River to Chiangrai, 2 days Bt. 4,000 (min 2 pax). Boating down Kok River, stops at tribal villages. Stay in Chiangrai. Ancient cities are visited next day.